Premix fuel OK to use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bwalker
Stihl’s motomix burns very cleanly, even with their crappy oil. When it’s mixed with petrol from the station it makes a big mess though.
BS. Ultra is a FB quality boat oil. Essentially your paying top dollar for a mediocre oil of early 1980's quality.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ben, you're off base on this one. I agree with most of what you say, and I haven't watched the fuel video - it might be a flop, but most of Project Farm's stuff is solid. It's not Underwriters Labs standards or anything, but it's Joe Sixpack standard, which is good enough for me. If I don't have time to deep dive research a tool, I just get whatever he recommends, and I've never once regretted it.

bwalker
Ben, you're off base on this one. I agree with most of what you say, and I haven't watched the fuel video - it might be a flop, but most of Project Farm's stuff is solid. It's not Underwriters Labs standards or anything, but it's Joe Sixpack standard, which is good enough for me. If I don't have time to deep dive research a tool, I just get whatever he recommends, and I've never once regretted it.
I completely disagree. His methods remind of what some back yard redneck with no actual knowledge of how things work dreaming up "tests". In a best case his tests are half azzed to the point of being anecdotal at best.

snobdds

snobdds

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
I completely disagree. His methods remind of what some back yard redneck with no actual knowledge of how things work dreaming up "tests". In a best case his tests are half azzed.

If it's not up to your standards, maybe make something that proves your theory in a non biased, scientific way.

Otherwise it just seems like your throwing stones at glass houses from a safe distance.

bwalker
If it's not up to your standards, maybe make something that proves your theory in a non biased, scientific way.

Otherwise it just seems like your throwing stones at glass houses from a safe distance.
I've neither the time nor desire to be a You Tube "influencer". That and my real jobs pays much better.