I Lost My Husky Dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Simon, your outfit deals with both Stihl and Husky. You sell a ton of both. Whats your take on the two companies? if anyone should know it should be you. Spill the beans, the good, the bad and the ugly on both, lets hear it.
Stihl is a very good company to deal with. I have already trashed Husqvarna so I will refrain from repeating myself. Husqvarna produces some excellent saws, the 372 for example. I find Stihl is simply a better organized company from top to bottom. If you have an IQ less than 90, you will not be an employee at Stihl.

Last edited:
Stihl is a very good company to deal with. I have already trashed Husqvarna so I will refrain from repeating myself. Husqvarna produces some excellent saws, the 372 for example. I find Stihl is simply a better organized company from top to bottom. If you have an IQ less than 90, you will not be an employee at Stihl.

Fair enuff. As for that 372 I got one of those, runs good. Has a problem with a oil leak that turned out to be a major flaw in the case but that's water over the damn.

Thanks for your input on the two companies,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

As a major dealer, I will tell you Husqvarna is a terrible company to deal with. We have to "bully" them sometimes. We sell about 150 saws a month. Once there was a glitch in their computer system that told them we were in arrears by $1.86, they stopped our shipment on a $40000.00 order. We told them to come and take their S**T out of here, they back-peddled 100mph and sucked up to us. It is a shame, they used to be so good. Even their tech schools are a joke compared to Stihl. Sad story boys.
That may be, but my Husky tech works on whatever you bring to him - even Poulan made Partners and 1970 vintage Jonsereds + any brand of lawn mowers, snowmobiles etc....

The only thing he really hates are the Stihl 021-250 series saws, those just pile up in a corner......

Last edited:
Fair enuff. As for that 372 I got one of those, runs good. Has a problem with a oil leak that turned out to be a major flaw in the case but that's water over the damn.

Thanks for your input on the two companies,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That should be warranty regardless of age. If you can't push that through I will. Give me the serial #.

That may be, but my Husky tech works on whatever you bring to him - even Poulan made Partners and 1970 vintage Jonsereds + any brand of lawn mowers etc....

The only thing he really hates are the Stihl 021-250 series saws......
Individual Husqvarna dealers can be anywhere from poor to excellent, I am talking about Husqvarna as a company.

Individual Husqvarna dealers can be anywhere from poor to excellent, I am talking about Husqvarna as a company.
Sure enough - the same story as with Stihl, but Stihls are also sold in "box stores" here, unlike Husky, that is full service dealers only..........

That should be warranty regardless of age. If you can't push that through I will. Give me the serial #.

Samething I was thinking, may have to see how that Husky warranty is. Gotta find me a dealer around here first,LOLOL

Sure enough - the same story as with Stihl, but Stihls are also sold in "box stores" here, unlike Husky, that is full service dealers only..........

Sawtroll you mean you can buy a Stihl in the box overthere, not fueled up and run first? Why them lowlifes, overhere they make us do everything cept go saw the wood for the customers, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

Harsh. So your saying that if hd was the only job you could find you wouldn't take it. You would just sit on your butt and complain about hd while your family starved.

No I would never let myself get into that position. Simple enough. :)

find Stihl is simply a better organized company from top to bottom. If you have an IQ less than 90, you will not be an employee at Stihl.

:monkey: :monkey: I need to work there... I'll brind a friend. They can pay us as one. That's about a 70 (I'm the brains) and a 35 (my stocky freind). hey, that's nearly a 100.. wait.. 98, no.. damn :censored:

Awwwwwwww but grasshopper that Stihl credit card isn't what you think it is, it has alot more for it than the normal card. So much more we at the store are still confused on what to do with it,LOLOLOL

Our package ended up in the round fle.. No advantage to the small dealer that I could see... Sure.. I'm going to stand there for an hour helping a non-english speaker fill out he paper work to buy his MS170 lololol

Seems to me that knocking a man's legitimate work and name calling is a more childlike trait indicative of failure than working while going to a university. I think nearly all reasonable persons will agree with me. If you have nothing to add to the discussion beyond juvenile attacks, then I'll consider your failure to make a point as dispositive of your inability to make a point, and leave my well established assertions as the basis for intelligent folks to decide the issue for themselves.

I think you misunderstood. By all means work there, if it fits into what you are doing more power to ya.

What is upsetting to me at least is corporate brainwashing. The question was asked why would someone want to purchase a saw from a big box store over a dealer. You answered that they can finance the purchase as the main and only reason.

In turn you offered a solution, were overall the saw will cost more money to the consumer. How is that an advantage? You are "upselling" not offering the consumer any advantage over purchasing from a dealer. Even worse this upsell does not offer the consumer anything more then a higher price then what he originally planned on paying.

Getting back to the original post, for example. Maybe this fellow financed it as well. So now he has a saw that is useless, out x amount of dollars, and still has to pay for the thing. If he had purchased the same machine at a good dealer think he would be in the same boat? Think the dealer would notice the need to educate the consumer, which would be a lot more advantageous then financing.

Granted there are extreme cases where such financing will be needed, but in the long run if you cannot afford it you should not be buying it.

0% financing is a profit tool for HD (they get a small cut for every person they reel in) as well as the credit card companies. You do know that the credit card companies hold patents as to how to 'break' the consumer on zero % financing and to turn a profit on it? Same company that has patents on how to break the consumer with rebates.

I do not think you are aware that say.... I buy a tool for $1,000 and finance it free for 12 months. I receive no bill or reminder of payment until the last month, as there was no change in the account and they do not send you a monthly bill (this might of changed since the First USA case). When you finally do get the bill it is in a plain envelope in hopes that it will be discarded as junk mail. Some companies even take it to the extreme. So on day 366 I pay the bill. The total owed on day 366 would be around 1,255. The original amount, plus the 21% for the past 12 months (or 22% depending on which state you are in and in some cases 29%) plus $35 late fee.

I guess my point being is that financing is not a reason to forgo a dealer. In the long run it will end up costing the average consumer more money. Unless you think that the credit card companies offering the financing are losing money on it and just doing it to help the consumer? By stating that you offer financing for a $300.00 dollar saw is the same as saying "Most likely this saw will end up costing you a lot more then the $300 that you think you are paying for it today, but the credit card companies are willing to take that chance on you".

Years ago First USA was fined $500mil or so by the government for it's shady practices regarding 0% financing scams. Problem was they profited around $950mil in the time the government claimed they were running the scams, leaving a tidy $450mil profit. Think they cleaned up their act? Maybe some.... They were 'losing' checks in the mail or fraudulently (if I remember correctly someone from First USA testified that they were instructed to shred a certain percentage of checks that came in) or falsely claiming that payment was not received in time thus allowing the outrageous finance charges to kick in.

So in short 0% financing is not a benefit to the consumer by any stretch of the means....in the long run.

Again there are cases were such financing will work for some people. I just get upset at some corporate BS people hand out thinking it is good. To which I get upset and apologize if I came across to harsh. :)

I am not a dealer or in sales for all that matter, but I think that I would have handled that situation a little bit differently.
I don't know what Husqvarna's policies are when it comes to warranty service work from one store to the next, but I think I would have tried to sell "customer service" in hopes of return business. I can only imagine what that guy had to say to his beer drinking buddies about the Husky dealer who would not help him. As far as box stores (or any other businesses) are concerned, if you don't like the service from one, you just kep going to others until you find one you like. When it comes to the small specialty dealer, there is a very large potential for lost business just on negative word of mouth. I know from my own experience, that if one of my close buddies (a non-BS'er) tells me that someone or somewhere treated him badly or weren't helpful, we all stay away from there. Word of mouth is very powerful. Everyone loves to tell the "horror" stories when it comes to something like that, but at the same time, we also like to tell the "good" as well. As a kind of "Get this, you'll never believe this".
In the case of the Husky dealer running that guy off, it's just bad business. That guy definitely needed some educating, and what better time to teach someone and create a professional relationship with a customer than to come to his rescue, if possible.

Only if you are in the shoes of a dealer can you really understand what we go through. Husqvarna has lost many good dealers because of the way they treated these dealers. Our store only services what we sell and we do this in order to keep our service center profitable as well as provide faster and better service. Even now, it's impossible to please every customer. I had one of those Lowes customer's this morning, he tried taking the chain cover off his Lowe's 350 saw when the brake was on. He asked us to sharpen and put cover back on. We have a tool we use to reset the brake. We kindly did this for the Lowe's customer and he thinks we should have done so for free. Well the last time I checked my tools cost money and my time. If my time is worth nothing then I should be fishing. I'm not in business to help Lowe's which by the way is my competetion. I'm in business to provide for my family and be a blessing to our community by supporting. I do not owe Husqvarna or Lowes anything. Husqvarna does not give us anything, we buy it. These companies do not send us checks to retain our services, we earn every dollar we make selling their products and until they recognize this they will keep loosing good dealers.

Only if you are in the shoes of a dealer can you really understand what we go through. Husqvarna has lost many good dealers because of the way they treated these dealers. Our store only services what we sell and we do this in order to keep our service center profitable as well as provide faster and better service. Even now, it's impossible to please every customer. I had one of those Lowes customer's this morning, he tried taking the chain cover off his Lowe's 350 saw when the brake was on. He asked us to sharpen and put cover back on. We have a tool we use to reset the brake. We kindly did this for the Lowe's customer and he thinks we should have done so for free. Well the last time I checked my tools cost money and my time. If my time is worth nothing then I should be fishing. I'm not in business to help Lowe's which by the way is my competetion. I'm in business to provide for my family and be a blessing to our community by supporting. I do not owe Husqvarna or Lowes anything. Husqvarna does not give us anything, we buy it. These companies do not send us checks to retain our services, we earn every dollar we make selling their products and until they recognize this they will keep loosing good dealers.

Good post. For what its worth Husqvarna is not the only big outfit that has used the big retail chains to make quick money. General Motors has done so as well. Case in point is their AC DELCO oil filters you can buy anywhere. My brother works at a GM/Subaru dealership. He laffs when he tells the story of the head man running the GM parts salesman out of the building. Seems the salesmans price on those AC DELCO oil filters were almost double what Wal-mart up the street was selling them for. He said the man told the salesman he and GM both were a bunch of sorry SOB's and to get out of the building, that he would buy his oil filters at Wal-mart instead of from GM. I'm sure many other companies do the samething to rack in the fast dollar..

I'm not most Fred. I can assure you there are no saws for sale where I work because I can't fix them. Your luck would run out right at the door,LOL

How many dealers do you deal with Fred? You say most, there are 8000 in the US, how many you been in?

WELL statistically 30 samples out of ten thousand is said to be fairly accurate. I've been in around 30 Stihl dealers......... and that's my synopsis.

But that's just science, feel free to interject your opinion wherever necessary.

BTW they haven't done the greatest job of marketing those cards because I am around dealers , loggers, and events and hadn't heard a peep until now. Let's take a survey of who has seen those ads. LOL

It really is pretty funny. None of you guys even work for Stihl and act like it is life or death. It really is pathetic.

Fred

WELL statistically 30 samples out of ten thousand is said to be fairly accurate. I've been in around 30 Stihl dealers......... and that's my synopsis.

But that's just science, feel free to interject your opinion wherever necessary.

BTW they haven't done the greatest job of marketing those cards because I am around dealers , loggers, and events and hadn't heard a peep until now. Let's take a survey of who has seen those ads. LOL

It really is pretty funny. None of you guys even work for Stihl and act like it is life or death. It really is pathetic.

Fred

What's pathetic Fred is people like you yaking off and not knowing what the hell ya talking about. You build saws, been around loggers, 30 dealers out of 8000 and events, big whoop. What you haven't been around is the inside info, the inner workings. You think you know Stihl just because you can modify a saw, been to events, ha, what a joke.

30 dealers out of 8000 is not a fair judgement. You said most, since when did 30 become most of 8000. I felt certain you would have been to at least 4000 to make it most,LOLOL As for those cards don't play the poor marketing excuse because you didn't know, ha, face it , you stuck your foot in your mouth, simple as that.

As for me your correct, I don't work for Stihl but I do know a helluva lot more about Stihl than you, tats a fact. Its not life or death at all with me at all, I just get tired of people like you that rattle off BS wanting people to think you know it all when you don't. You proved that quite well explaining why Stihl didn't issue a credit card, you were assuming, nothing more, nothing less and not knowing diddly.

Lastly Fred I don't why you have to be such a smart azz all the time. Your spouting about picking up saws from dealers they can't fix as if to say your better than they are, including me of course. Like I told ya there aren't any saws where I work that your gonna pick up because I can't fix them, you can't bet the farm on that.

Lastly Fred no hard feelings, it was my pleasure to correct you about the card,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What's pathetic Fred is people like you yaking off and not knowing what the hell ya talking about. You build saws, been around loggers, 30 dealers out of 8000 and events, big whoop. What you haven't been around is the inside info, the inner workings. You think you know Stihl just because you can modify a saw, been to events, ha, what a joke.

30 dealers out of 8000 is not a fair judgement. You said most, since when did 30 become most of 8000. I felt certain you would have been to at least 4000 to make it most,LOLOL As for those cards don't play the poor marketing excuse because you didn't know, ha, face it , you stuck your foot in your mouth, simple as that.

As for me your correct, I don't work for Stihl but I do know a helluva lot more about Stihl than you, tats a fact. Its not life or death at all with me at all, I just get tired of people like you that rattle off BS wanting people to think you know it all when you don't. You proved that quite well explaining why Stihl didn't issue a credit card, you were assuming, nothing more, nothing less and not knowing diddly.

Lastly Fred I don't why you have to be such a smart azz all the time. Your spouting about picking up saws from dealers they can't fix as if to say your better than they are, including me of course. Like I told ya there aren't any saws where I work that your gonna pick up because I can't fix them, you can't bet the farm on that.

Lastly Fred no hard feelings, it was my pleasure to correct you about the card,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Well hell, as long as there are no hard feelings. You'll notice I didn't say there were no credit cards, but just made a joke. But since you have all the facts..... Damn man don't you understand anything 'cept hillbilly humor?

I didn't mean to imply that they couldn't fix the saws, just that they are lazy SOBs that don't do anything, but pick the low apples. That's a metaphor just in case....;)

Now let's stick to the fact here. I never said I know more about Stihl..., but said it was pathetic to worry about it. Almost sounds like the opposite to me.

...and as far as statistics or any study of science or math goes... all you can do is talk out your azz at me. There simply isn't enough time between now and when you retire to arrive at my level.

No hard feelings......

Fred

Latest posts

Back