Stihl prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That video is very interesting.
Yet these people will go to $2000 Taylor Swift concerts, go on "hauls" from the lululemon store, bumrush target to get the latest Stanley tumbler or other social media "must have" that will end up in the landfill in a year, and then dare to say they have no money and then demand that the government pay for everything. I would totally live in a shack/tiny home as long as it had a dishwasher, vegetable garden, shower, toilet, big shop, and laundry machines. I don't understand why in my area, all of the beautiful forests and parks are being ripped down to build ugly murders of mc mansions that only add to our problems of pollution as they are filled with toxic spray foam insulation and are made to fall apart in 20 years. I only spend my money on quality tools, RC cars, and saws, and I make no room for junk. I'm also hoping to get a job at the local rental place to make money and get Stihl tools and parts for cheap because they are also a dealer.
And unfortunately, even my little sister and her friends are being indoctrinated into a lifestyle of endless, pointless consumption because they are all obsessed with having the latest skincare serum or Stanley tumbler because their eternal screen time is exposing them to thousands of subliminal messages to buy! buy! buy! all day long. Gen alpha is screwed, and somebody ought to start a thread about this in the P&R section.

And unfortunately, even my little sister and her friends are being indoctrinated into a lifestyle of endless, pointless consumption because they are all obsessed with having the latest skincare serum or Stanley tumbler because their eternal screen time is exposing them to thousands of subliminal messages to buy! buy! buy! all day long. Gen alpha is screwed, and somebody ought to start a thread about this in the P&R section.
You start it, I will go there, how's that? How about now?

ACTUALLY, today’s inflation is largely driven by supply shocks and sectoral demand shifts due primarily to the pandemic.. The global inflation isn’t unique to the US and certainly not Biden’s policies.
Watch the corporate tax rate jump 15% if rump is elected, with the effect to trickle down/passed on to.....EVERYTHING!
Dominic Pezzola smoked cigarillos in the Capital and what did that get him? 10.years!
Dominic Pezzola, a member of the Proud Boys that became one of the more recognizable faces of the riot at the Capitol, was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison and three years supervised release
WTF?

Well it looks like the 500i is $1600 plus $ 112 tax for a total of $1712. Yes all things have went up but here are (12) new 395's that I have bought for the price of just over (7) Stihl 500i saws.

No one cares about your stupid 12 395 saws you bought in the last 18 months! I Swear you post this once a day!!

I think that pretty much sums it up. There was a guy here (though he was an actual adult) with a similar mentality (@HILLBILLYREDNEC).

---
@lone wolf (video): Yup. It was on the National News a few days ago MEN are ruining the Consumer Goods economy by not getting married, resulting in women not having income to spend on "crap." As men are predominantly minimalists, with their income not being diverted to "crap" the people who make, import, sell, and governments deriving tax revenue from that "crap" are seeing decreasing incomes. Also, the housing market is taking a hit because men (in general) don't need fancy houses as a shack with a sizeable garage/workshop is preferred. AND the ironic part of all this is men tend to spend their money on hobbies which are productive, so the population as a whole benefits from their hobbies. Can you say that about women's hobbies?

Women still haven't figured it out, they think men think like women. The real answer to the question, "Where have all the good men gone?" is: "Fishing." (or some other hobby) Why? Because men don't "need" a woman, they'd love a relationship with a great woman, but what do modern women bring to the table? "Demands," and what guy needs that?

Very interesting information there. I fit right in with that category of men. I want a small/ok house and very large garage. Almost all my money goes toward my lawn mowers and chainsaws and stuff like that.
Also, this entire thread has been interesting, I just read the whole thing.

No one cares about your stupid 12 395 saws you bought in the last 18 months! I Swear you post this once a day!!
He finally said it.

Awkward The Office GIF

I care and also wonder a few things.
What sort of a deal could I get on say 7 or 8 of the 500i models if I went to a large volume John Deere place.
The 500i has an inboard clutch and side chain adjuster. If you had enough crew to have 5 in use and a few as back up the 500i would be a better choice or not?

Very interesting information there. I fit right in with that category of men. I want a small/ok house and very large garage. Almost all my money goes toward my lawn mowers and chainsaws and stuff like that.
Also, this entire thread has been interesting, I just read the whole thing.
Most of my money is spent on eBay, KC tool, and the Stihl places. I'm going to start saving up for a Kei truck or van soon. I want to help break the cycle of big SUVs and trucks being driven by soccer moms and suburban dads who don't need them.

What sort of a deal could I get on say 7 or 8 of the 500i models if I went to a large volume John Deere place.
The 500i has an inboard clutch and side chain adjuster. If you had enough crew to have 5 in use and a few as back up the 500i would be a better choice or not?
I know that locally there are some places that offer fleet pricing, but I think that dealers generally stick with the suggested MSRP just for simplicity. I can imagine that if you were going to order $10K in equipment and accessories then they might be able to flex a bit. Its hard when most of their sales are not toward folks who are serious about outdoor power equipment and rather they need to keep a steady stock of trimmers, mowers, and small chainsaws flowing just to keep the business alive.

I read in the local newspaper how the towns make essentially Stihl and Husky submit bids for their desires. Has not been lately but folks come on here bragging about what a great deal they got since they bought through their church that gets non profit pricing. There is another guy that seems to stay away from the chainsaw section lately that always told of getting 10% off and using a new credit card promotion to get another $200. I would deduce they can go 10% less plus the 2.9% credit card fees maybe even more fees than that for the best "cash back" cards.

I think that pretty much sums it up. There was a guy here (though he was an actual adult) with a similar mentality (@HILLBILLYREDNEC).

---
@lone wolf (video): Yup. It was on the National News a few days ago MEN are ruining the Consumer Goods economy by not getting married, resulting in women not having income to spend on "crap." As men are predominantly minimalists, with their income not being diverted to "crap" the people who make, import, sell, and governments deriving tax revenue from that "crap" are seeing decreasing incomes. Also, the housing market is taking a hit because men (in general) don't need fancy houses as a shack with a sizeable garage/workshop is preferred. AND the ironic part of all this is men tend to spend their money on hobbies which are productive, so the population as a whole benefits from their hobbies. Can you say that about women's hobbies?

Women still haven't figured it out, they think men think like women. The real answer to the question, "Where have all the good men gone?" is: "Fishing." (or some other hobby) Why? Because men don't "need" a woman, they'd love a relationship with a great woman, but what do modern women bring to the table? "Demands," and what guy needs that?

Glad to see this shift happening. Men, never enter into a contract that the other side is both incentivized to break, and rewarded for doing so.

That said, I do have a good woman. She asked me what curtains I wanted in the bedroom. I said I don't care. She said OK, and shortly later curtains arrived. I'd be fine with a sheet thumb tacked to the wall, she wanted curtains, she got curtains. I don't know what they cost, I don't care what they cost, she has a job and her own money and bought them herself.

Yes do you have anything productive to add or are just just trolling me? If you are trolling me then go find another bridge to live under.

For a guy that spends a lot on 395s and supposedly cuts a lot of wood with them, you sure spend a lot of time on here flapping your gums and getting banned every month.

For a guy that spends a lot on 395s and supposedly cuts a lot of wood with them, you sure spend a lot of time on here flapping your gums and getting banned every month.
So the answer is no, you do not anything productive to add. I am sure there is a bridge in Wisconsin that is missing it's troll.

I read in the local newspaper how the towns make essentially Stihl and Husky submit bids for their desires. Has not been lately but folks come on here bragging about what a great deal they got since they bought through their church that gets non profit pricing. There is another guy that seems to stay away from the chainsaw section lately that always told of getting 10% off and using a new credit card promotion to get another $200. I would deduce they can go 10% less plus the 2.9% credit card fees maybe even more fees than that for the best "cash back" cards.
The dealer I've been using for the last 12 years has given 10-12%+ off list with cash .
That's much batter than my original Stihl dealer that would sell list + a new chain.

@PA Dan

Back